The Center for Responsible Travel (CREST) is seeking an intern to assist with several ongoing and upcoming projects in the Washington, DC office. CREST is a non-profit research institute with offices in Washington, DC and at Stanford University. Founded in 2003, our mission is to promote responsible tourism policies and practices globally so that local communities may thrive and steward their cultural resources and biodiversity .Responsibilities include assisting the program director and associate on upcoming events, research, and project management. There will also be an opportunity to learn how to fundraise and attract new projects.
This is a great position for someone looking to expand their knowledge of responsible and sustainable travel! The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, creative individual who’d like to gain experience working in the non-profit sector.
Possible intern responsibilities will include:
- assisting with research and analysis on sustainable travel and traveler’s philanthropy
- working with social media to promote the organization
- assisting with some administrative tasks
- helping to organize upcoming responsible travel and fundraising events
- translating key documents from Spanish to English (and vice versa!) and possibly other languages, if the need arises
- Excellent communication in English – both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
- Creative, flexible, and organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver an asset
- Previous substantive research or fundraising experience an asset
- Fluency in Spanish an asset
This internship is open to advanced undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students. Although the internship is unpaid, college credit may be granted. Start and end dates are flexible, and we’re looking for someone to commit at least 20 hours a week. Usual summer internship dates range from mid-May to the end of August.
How to apply
Please visit www.responsibletravel.org for more information about CREST!