Yup, We have rules.
Everyone wants a safe, comfortable living experience. A few rules go a long way to
making every intern and student staying with us have a great stay.
We appreciate the respect you give to others.
- Residents will not be permitted to have any visitors, including, without limitation, family members or significant others in any Building (including in such Resident’s unit, room or assigned space).
- WISH may close or restrict use of certain Common Areas, including the Lobby and Meeting Rooms. WISH, may, in its sole discretion, permit the limited use of Meeting Rooms subject to any additional rules and procedures required by WISH. Any such permission from WISH for the limited use of Meeting Rooms must be obtained from WISH in writing and in advance.
- “Social Distancing Requirements” include: (1) Maintaining at least six (6) feet of distance from other individuals; (2) Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds or using hand sanitizer frequently, or after contact with potentially-infected surfaces, to the greatest extent feasible; (3) Covering coughs or sneezes, preferably with a tissue immediately disposed of, or into the sleeve or elbow, not hands; (4) Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces; and (5) Not shaking hands.
- Residents will be required to wear a mask or nose and mouth face covering in all Common Areas of the Buildings. Guidance regarding such masks may be found at: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/coronavirus/page_content/attachments/COVID-10_DC_Health_Guidance_about_Masks_for_the_General_Public.pdf
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
- No alcohol is permitted in WISH housing at any time.
- No smoking is permitted inside any WISH property.
- Accessing roofs or roof decks for any reason except fire evacuation is prohibited.
- Fire extinguishers must only be used in cases of emergency, and their use must be reported immediately to the WISH office.
- Each resident is expected to clean up after himself or herself.
- Bagged trash must be taken out and placed in cans daily.
- Doors to WISH properties must remain locked unless in use. Do not let strangers into your building or prop the door open. If someone belongs in the building, they have their own key!
- All building deliveries, including without limitation, food, mail or other personal deliveries to any Resident’s interior apartment unit will be prohibited, that Residents will be required to accept all in-person deliveries at the front entrance of the Building (or as WISH may from time to time otherwise require) and Residents are required to make prior arrangements with the delivery personnel to comply with this requirement.
- Violations of the above or any other published regulations set forth in the license agreement and COVID-19 Addendum may result in immediate relocation or expulsion and the loss of some or all of the security deposit.
We appreciate your help in making everyone’s stay a good one.
Apply for a spot now. Space is limited!