Welcome to the WISH websites, located at https://internsdc.com/, http://www.internshipsdc.com/, http://thecongressional.com/, and http://www.wishwoodleypark.
This Privacy Statement is incorporated into WISH’s Terms and Conditions [ßHYPERLINK] by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Statement, please contact WISH by email at email@example.com, telephone at (202) 548-2720, or by post at 237 Massachusetts Avenue NE, Washington, DC, 20002.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, WISH may collect: (a) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with WISH via e-mail; (b) information knowingly provided by the user through the Sites in online informational sections, including any application or registration forms; (c) information gathered through the analysis of cookies, or any other methods of internet browsing analysis, such as Google Analytics; and (d) financial information provided by a user, including credit card numbers and billing addresses, in order to process payments to WISH. Specifically, and in order to register for certain services of the Sites, you may be required to provide additional personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, educational institution, and other relevant personal information. If you do not wish to provide such information through the Sites, you may be unable to obtain products or services through the Sites. When a visitor performs a search within the Sites, WISH may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed, and may record information related to the search request.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by WISH may be used by WISH for limited purposes, including recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Sites. Personally identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information voluntarily provided to WISH may be added to WISH’s databases and used for future contact regarding updates to the Sites or new services provided by WISH. From time to time, WISH may need to contact you concerning your application with WISH, or other information you submitted to WISH. You agree that WISH may use your personal information for such contact with you. WISH may also desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information that WISH believes would be of particular interest. You will have the option of not being contacted by WISH and opting-out of such contacts by contacting WISH through one of the methods set forth above.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personally-identifying information that you provide to WISH through the Sites will not be disclosed to other third-party entities not affiliated with WISH. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which WISH enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by WISH in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of WISH or any other person or entity. Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data which visitors provide to WISH may also be provided to third parties that contract with WISH to provide products, information or other services that WISH believes that visitors to the Sites may be interested in obtaining. While WISH may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which WISH discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which WISH exercises no control. WISH is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to WISH via the Sites or e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
5. Security Measures and Communicating with WISH. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from WISH via the Sites or via e-mail cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Sites’ content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, WISH is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with WISH via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact WISH by telephone at the number set forth above or by post at the address set forth above.
6. Comments and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Sites are public. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions [ßHYPERLINK] for further details concerning User Content and other materials submitted to the Sites. As such, WISH assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
7. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, WISH will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by WISH that has been voluntarily provided by you to WISH through online application forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting WISH via e-mail or telephone at the address or telephone number set forth above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to WISH through online forms, membership or registration forms, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by WISH or used by WISH for secondary purposes, by contacting WISH via e-mail or telephone at the address or telephone number set forth above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser used to visit the Sites or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description hereunder.
8. Right to Change Privacy Statement. WISH reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Sites following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Sites before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Sites before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit.
Dated: October 10, 2013
Copyright © 2013 WISH LLC; All rights reserved.