Internship Opportunity Announcement
Location: Washington, DC
POSITION: Event Planning and Social Media Intern
Washington Intern Student Housing (WISH) is an intern housing and residential life services provider in Washington DC. WISH has hosted students and college groups for over 20 years in furnished, students-only buildings on a semester basis.
With assistance from staff, the event planning and social media interns plan, promote, and implement social and professional development activities for our residents. Interns also plan and produce marketing strategies, including SEO, SEM and Social Media, with assistance from staff.
WISH offers free semester housing to two interns each semester who can assist with our events and social media promotions. Interns work 20 hours per week to plan, produce and promote social events for interns in WISH housing. Full-time internships are also available for students who require this for their college credits.
FOR a list of sample events, please visit here.
Interested? Send your questions, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Now accepting resumes for the srping and summer 2016 semesters.
- Attends and contributes ideas to event planning meetings
- Designs social media content, flyers and other marketing materials for events
- Manages budgets, RSVP lists and related schedules
- Works with staff and volunteers on event day to insure the event’s success
- Takes photos and videos at events for WISH’s use on all social media platforms
- Completes a event summary report
- Maintains relationships with vendors and contributors
- Prepares tentative calendar of events for the next semester
- Participate in marketing and media meetings, interpret analytics and reports
- Maintain and grow marketing database
- Produce marketing materials for email/mail/social media
- Market to known and new internship coordinators and other clients
- Acquire new links
- Provide ideas and feedback for the blog
- Attend events on weeknights or weekends to produce video and photo marketing materials
- Prepare tentative marketing goals and schedule for the next semester
- Great communication skills and outgoing personality
- Basic familiarity in planning events
- Experience with basic social media and e-marketing materials
- Good organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic search engine and social media marketing principles and platforms
- Experience producing basic social and e-marketing materials in MS Office environment
- Self-starters encouraged
HOURS: This internship requires a minimum of 20 hours per week, but can be full-time for students receiving academic credit. . This position can be a part-time internship for interns with another part time position already. The intern is expected to work in the WISH office but also hold an event approximately once per week, typically on the weekend or a weeknight.
COMPENSATION: This internship is unpaid but free furnished semester housing is provided in a WISH location. Start date is early January and end date is early May. WISH will work with academic advisors and faculty to support college credits.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling. Spring semester start date is early January and end date is early May.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Dan Lewis at (202) 548-2720 or firstname.lastname@example.org