Greetings my esteemed readership.
Your editor-in-chief Martha here, bringing you the first article in our new series of “The Month of…”
Wondering what the “The Month of…” is? Well, every month represents a number of unique and often bizarre holidays. This series aims to keep you up to date on what every month represents.
Here at the WISHington Post my goal is to bring you, my esteemed readership, the latest and greatest intern news. But we also want to have fun and this post will do all of this. You might even find the perfect excuse to indulge in your favorite treats, have a drink with friends or post a throwback snap on your Instagram of your siblings.
To kickstart this series, this article will round up what the month of May 2015 represents, but we’re not going to stop there. Every week and day marks a special (or funny) event too. We’re going to highlight the whole of the month of May. So without further ado, here I present May 2015: The Month Of…
May 2015 is the month of:
- Date Your Mate Month – Your bestie could be your soulmate all along.
- National Barbecue Month – Do we really need an excuse for a barbeque?
- National Bike Month – Time to get healthy people. Check out the bike map of DC on this page.
- National Hamburger Month – No need to tell us twice! Hamburgers and barbecues… yum!
- National Photograph Month – Take a picture of that barbecue.
- National Salad Month – I’ll have this in my hamburger!
- Week 3: National Bike Week – Ok so it’s also National Bike Month. This means you have to up the ante in week 3!!
Daily Holidays and Crazy/Fun Days:
- May 1st: May Day – Summer is on the way!
- May 2nd: Brothers and Sisters Day – There are days we love our siblings and days we want to kill them, but siblings are the first friends you ever had. If you’re lucky enough to have siblings, take this day to cherish your brother(s) and/or sister(s).
- May 4th: Star Wars Day – “May the force be with you” – Get it? This is why May 4th is Star Wars Day.
- May 5th: Cinco de Mayo – A day of song, dance, partying, and time to be proud of your Hispanic descent.
- May 6th: Beverage Day – If you say so!
- May 6th: No Diet Day – Seeing as it’s also beverage day, you may as well go all out.
- May 10th: Mother’s Day – Show some love for all of the lovely mothers out there.
- May 11th: Eat What You Want Day – Yes please!
- May 15th: National Chocolate Chip Day – Cookies anyone?
- May 20th: Be a Millionaire Day – Who wouldn’t want this?
- May 21st: National Waiters and Waitresses Day – Be nice to your servers!
- May 23rd: International Jazz Day – Why not check out a local Jazz Bar?
- May 25th: Memorial Day – National Holiday! Find a Veteran and do something nice for them.
- May 27th: Sun Screen Day – Protect your skin.
- May 28th: Amnesty International Day – An important one, recognizing the need to protect human rights worldwide.
- May 31st: National Macaroon Day – Like we need an excuse!
- May 31st: World No Tobacco Day – This should be all day everyday!!
If you manage to celebrate all of these days, it looks like May will be shaping up to be a busy month. To see a complete list of the month, weeks and days of May, check out this site. Enjoy May, until next month.