TFAS Offers Discounts to WISH Residents
Dear WISH Students,
Would you like to stay in Washington, DC for the fall semester? Here’s a great way to do so – apply for the Fall 2012 Capital Semester program.
This academic internship program is for undergraduates seeking to obtain professional experience in the fields of public policy, economics, international affairs, journalism, communications and the nonprofit sector. Students are placed in internships for 30 hours a week while earning 12 transferable credits.
Students living in WISH summer housing will receive a $1,000 discount off of their tuition. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline of June 1.
Please see below for program details. Contact Dana Faught, Recruitment and Admissions Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.986.0384 to receive the WISH discount.
CAPITAL SEMESTER FALL 2012
FINAL DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2012
***$1,000 DISCOUNT FOR WISH STUDENTS***
***SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE****
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, 12 academic credits, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by policy experts.
This fast-paced, fifteen-week residential program provides undergraduate students from around the world with opportunities to gain the edge in today’s competitive job market and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand. Students choose between two tracks – public policy and political journalism.
SAMPLE PAST INTERNSHIP SITES
- Aerospace Industries Association
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- Children’s Rights Council
- Congressional Offices
- Foreign Embassies
- Edelman Public Relations
- Gannett News Service
- Institute for World Politics
- NBC Nightly News
- New Leaders for New Schools
- Philanthropy Roundtable
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Washington Examiner
- WTTG Fox News
- Internships –Competitive placements with top sites in Washington, DC
- Housing – Roommate matching and furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Classes – Full-time course load in political science and economics accredited by Ohio Northern University
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and industry experts
- Exclusive Briefings – At the World Bank, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
- Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking – Interaction with seasoned professionals and student leaders from around the world
- Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of June 1, 2012. There is a substantial amount of scholarship funding available, and awards are made based on financial need and merit.