WISH FALL 2016 EVENTS AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Washington Intern Student Housing (WISH)
Phone: (202) 548-2720
Internship Opportunity Announcement
Location: Washington, DC
POSITION: Event Planning and Social Media Intern
Washington Intern Student Housing (WISH) is an intern housing and residential life services provider in Washington DC. WISH has hosted students and college groups for over 20 years in furnished, students-only buildings on a semester basis.
With assistance from staff, the event planning and social media interns plan, promote, and implement social and professional development activities for our residents. Interns also plan and produce marketing materials and strategies, including SEO, SEM and Social Media.
- Attends and contributes ideas to event planning meetings
- Designs social media content, flyers and other marketing materials for events
- Manages budgets, RSVP lists and related schedules
- Works with staff and volunteers on event day to insure the event’s success
- Takes photos and videos at events for WISH’s use on social media platforms
- Completes an event summary report
- Maintains relationships with vendors and contributors
- Prepares tentative calendar of events for the next semester
- Participate in marketing and media meetings, interpret analytics and reports
- Maintain and grow marketing database
- Produce marketing materials for email/mail/social media
- Market to known and new internship coordinators and other clients
- Acquire new links
- Provide ideas and feedback for the blog
- Attend events on weeknights or weekends to produce video and photo marketing materials
- Prepare tentative marketing goals and schedule for the next semester
- Great communication skills and outgoing personality
- Basic familiarity in planning events
- Experience with basic social media and e-marketing materials
- Good organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic search engine and social media marketing principles and platforms
- Experience producing basic social and e-marketing materials in MS Office environment
- Self-starters encouraged
HOURS: This internship requires a minimum of 20 hours per week, but can be full-time for students receiving academic credit. This position can be a part-time internship for interns with another part time position already. The intern is expected to work in the WISH office but also hold an event approximately once per week, typically on the weekend or a weeknight.
COMPENSATION: This internship is unpaid, but free furnished semester housing is provided in a WISH location. WISH will work with academic advisors and faculty to support college credits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling. Fall semester start date is mid August and end date is mid December.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Dan Lewis at (202) 548-2720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com