June 2015: The Month Of…
Greetings my esteemed readership.
Your editor-in-chief Martha here. I’m back with the second in our series of “The Month of…”
If you saw our first “The Month of…” article, you’ll know what this series is all about. If you didn’t (why the hell not?) you can see it in last month’s post.
I’m noticing a pattern in these monthly round ups that your sweet tooth will be more than happy with. There seems to be plenty of excuses to indulge in your favorite sweet treats. But don’t worry! June is also national fruit and veg month. It’s all about having everything in moderation after all.
As with May’s post, I’m going to round up of not only what the month of June 2015 represents, but also the special, unique and down right crazy days June will bring too. So without further ado, I present June 2015: The Month Of…
June 2015 is the month of:
- Candy – Not the best thing for bikini season but we won’t say no.
- Dairy – FroYo counts as dairy right?
- Fight the Filthy Fly – Summer is here, let the battle with the flies commence.
- Gay Pride – Show the love people.
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month – Let’s balance off all the candy and FroYo with our daily dose of fruit and veg
June Daily Holidays and Crazy/Fun Days:
- June 1 Dare Day – Go on… I dare you!
- June 2 National Rocky Road Day – With ice cream, tea, iced-tea, on its own… everyday is a good day for Rocky Road.
- June 4 Applesauce Cake Day – YUM!
- June 5 National Doughnut Day – Double YUM! Who doesn’t love doughnuts?
- June 5 World Environment Day – We only get one world. Be good to it.
- June 6 National Yo-Yo Day – One of America’s favorite past times, unleash your inner child and show off your yo-yo skills.
- June 7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – Triple YUM! I don’t know about you, but I am seriously liking how June is shaping up.
- June 8 Best Friends Day – A day to show your bestie how much you love them.
- June 14 Flag Day – A day to take pride in our beautiful flag and all it symbolizes and represents.
- June 15 Smile Power Day – Never underestimate the power of a smile… be sure to turn that frown upside down today!
- June 16 Fresh Veggies Day – After kicking the month off on a sweet note, some veggies won’t be a bad idea.
- June 17 Eat Your Vegetables Day – Why not get on a fruit and veg roll?
- June 18 International Picnic Day – It’s time to take your lunch to the park and enjoy summer.
- June 18 National Splurge Day – Treat yourself! You don’t have to tell me twice.
- June 20 Ice Cream Soda Day – Summer is here and there is no better way to cool down than with a delightfully delicious ice cream soda.
- June 21 Father’s Day – May was all about our mother’s, so now it’s time to show some love for the father’s out there.
- June 21 Summer Solstice – The longest day of the year is here!!
- June 22 National Chocolate Eclair Day – Like we need an excuse.
- June 23 National Pink Day – On Wednesday’s we wear pink, and every June 23rd.
- June 26 Take Your Dog to Work Day – Not sure how your boss will feel about this.
- June 27 Sun Glasses Day – Summer is in full swing, the sun is out and so are the sunnies. Does this day mean it’s also appropriate to stock up on some new pairs?
- June 29 Camera Day – We’re snap happy at the best of times, so you can really take it to the next lever today.
- June 29 Hug Holiday – Who doesn’t love a good hug. They really do make everything better.
If you can squeeze all of these days in to your June, you’ll be guaranteed to have a jam packed month. I’ll definitely be satisfying my sweet tooth and my shopping addiction. I’m not sure how my bank account or waist line will like it, but I sure will. Enjoy the month.