August 2015: The Month Of…
Our Editor-in-Chief, Martha, has decided to hand over the reigns of our “The Month of…” series to yours truly.
From now on, I’ll be bringing you the full round up of what the months of the year represent.
As July 2015 draws to a close (seriously, where did the month go?), it’s time to check out what the month, weeks and days of August 2015 have in store for us.
August 2015 Is The National Month Of:
- Admit You’re Happy Month – Because deep down you know there is always some one worse off than you.
- Family Fun Month – It’s summer! The perfect time for some family fun.
Weekly Events In August:
- Week 1: National Simplify your Life Week – We could all do with this.
- Week 2: National Smile Week – Turn that frown upside down.
- Week 3: Friendship Week – Where would we be without our buddies?
- Week 4: Be Kind to Humankind Week – It’s nice to be nice!
August, 2015 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:
- August 1: National Raspberry Cream Pie Day – Don’t mind if I do!
- August 2: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day – It’s summer, it’s hot, you won’t have to ask us twice.
- August 2: Sisters Day – You might fight and feel like killing her every now and again (or all the time), but a sister really is your best friend.
- August 3: National Watermelon Day – I can’t think of a better way to cool down in summer.
- August 9: Book Lover’s Day – Sit back, relax and read a good book.
- August 10: Lazy Day – Yes please! It’s a Monday though…
- August 10: National S’mores Day – A true American and summer classic.
- August 11: Presidential Joke Day – No it’s not a day to make jokes about the President. It’s the Presidents day to make a joke. Believe it or not, Presidents have a sense humor too…
- August 11: Son and Daughter Day – We’ve had Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, now it’s our turn.
- August 12: Middle Child’s Day – We’ve all heard of Middle Child Syndrome. These kids have it though, they deserve a day.
- August 14: National Creamsicle Day – One whole day dedicated to celebrating this tasty summer cooler. And it’s right in the middle of August. Perfect timing.
- August 15: Relaxation Day – now this one’s for me!
- August 16: National Tell a Joke Day
- August 17: National Thriftshop Day – We’re interns, and we all know interns love a good bargain.
- August 21: Senior Citizen’s Day – Be nice to senior citizen, they were here before us.
- August 26: National Dog Day – Well they are mans bestfriend.
- August 26: Women’s Equality Day – Celebrating women’s right to vote!
August is a little short on actual recognized holidays, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun celebrating the fun days that make up the month. See you back here next for the September edition.