Yup, We Have Rules
Everyone wants a safe, comfortable living experience. A few rules go a long way to making every intern and student staying with us have a great stay. We appreciate the respect you give to others.
To maintain top security, we prohibit:
- Unaccompanied guests
- Outside guests in housing after 9:00 PM
- Overnight guests, including family
Please respect the following:
- Quiet hours coincide with visitation hours, from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
- No alcohol is permitted in WISH housing at any time.
- No smoking is permitted inside any WISH property.
- Accessing roofs or roof decks for any reason except fire evacuation is prohibited.
- Fire extinguishers or fire ladders must only be used in cases of emergency, and use must be reported immediately to the WISH office.
Keeping a Clean Environment
Let’s stay safe
- Each intern is expected to clean up after himself or herself.
- Bagged trash must be taken out and placed in cans once per day.
- Doors to WISH properties must remain locked unless residents are entering or exiting the property. Windows need to remain locked unless you are in the room with the window open. Do not hold open the front door to the building or let anyone in, since all residents have keys to enter.
We appreciate your help in making everyone’s stay a good one.
Great location, convenient to Capitol Hill offices. Excellent room-mates! I WISH I had discovered you earlier! I’ll be back.”
James Martin, Congressional Committee Intern
For interns from far away, nothing can beat the friendliness, convenience and sense of being there that WISH provides.”
Professor Don deBats, Flinders University, Australia
My daughter is thrilled with her apartment and the convenient location. It’s been such an important part of her experience. Thanks so much WISH!”
Jim W., Parent