The WISH Internship Program
Our 25 years of experience in Washington, DC gives us deep-rooted relationships with Government agencies, Congressional offices, advocacy groups, media companies and DC businesses. Through our connections, we can provide quality internship experiences to those who dream about working in DC. Our interns get a professional edge in the competitive employment market.
How it Works
- Obtain a premier internship placement in your field of study
- Many of our interns have been placed in a Congressional internship
- Work with a developed professional network
- Low program cost of $1500
- Earn credit for your internship. We can help.
- Checkins throughout the semester to ensure your internship is substantive and rewarding
- Strengthen verbal and written communication skills through portfolio presentations and briefings
- Learn from a seasoned professional and enhance your internship experience through WI’s social and networking opportunities
- Be a part of our residential life: welcome receptions, social mixers, career night, and policy salons
- Students placed by WISH Internships stay at a WISH intern-only residence at a discounted rate.
- Fully-furnished, intern-only housing on Capitol Hill available through WISH Housing (same rates and great locations)
Get an Edge on Your Career!
If a congressional internship doesn’t suit your career goals, ask us about the wide array of internship opportunities in Washington, DC.
Great for Colleges and Universities too!
- Brand your “College in Washington” with a program designed by you
- Keep the tuition at home while offering credit for the internship in Washington, DC
- Low program cost allowing you to recruit more students for your program
- Faculty Development allowing faculty to reside and teach the interns in Washington, DC
- Housing through WISH Housing on Historic Capitol Hill and classroom space including video conferencing available
- Use of Capitol Hill Ballroom for alumni, enrollment and Congressional Receptions
Call us for more information! 202.548.2720
I had one of the best experiences of my life in DC, and a big part of it was WISH. They have social events planned ahead of time so you meet other interns and network. No one is going to be bored or feel homesick.”
Andy G., Intern
For interns from far away, nothing can beat the friendliness, convenience and sense of being there that WISH provides.”
Professor Don deBats, Flinders University, Australia
My daughter is thrilled with her apartment and the convenient location. It’s been such an important part of her experience. Thanks so much WISH!”
Jim W., Parent